Sunday 25 November 2012

Cruel!



Saturday 11 September 2010, Boston.

This poor girl is wet, having been forced into the fountain by her boyfriend. She doesn't seem to mind too much.

I met with my friend TK at lunchtime. We went to a place in the South End for a bite and to catch up.
We have been friends for 20 years, having met in Bari while waiting for the ferry to Patras. We both had groups of high school kids and, along with two other colleagues, we had a high old time in Greece.
TK left the tour directing business years ago but she still travels for her work so we meet up all over the place; last year Vancouver, this time Boston (which is where she happens to live)
I fly home tomorrow, going out on the plane that my partner M. arrives on. I hope we can get to see each other for a few minutes at the airport but we both have a responsibility to our groups. I'll be miserable if we miss each other though.
M. will be coming back though Boston in a couple of weeks. She'll catch up with TK then, but we wont be together until October 16th. That's why a brief encounter tomorrow is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment