Wednesday 14 August 2013

Old Dog, New Tricks, or Lost in the Land of Fuckwittery

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada, leading one of my favourite tours - the Maritimes. I'm not having much fun though as the tour company has engaged the services of an agency which seems to be interested in creating an ocean of paperwork and alienating our suppliers.
I have to sell optional trips and fill out forms for each credit card by hand. Once I've done that, I have to phone the details of each transaction through separately. I've not had the chance to do my job, which involves planning ahead, preparing in the evening for the following day. All I'm doing is filling in effing forms and trying to convince nervous suppliers that, just because the agent hasn't paid them for services rendered six weeks ago and they never return their calls doesn't mean that they can't be trusted...
God forbid that I should be allowed to get on and do my job. The tour company is owned by a venture cowboy outfit, and it seems that the bottom line is all and clients don't matter. Several of my colleagues have thrown in the towel but I'm still hopeful that this is just down to teething troubles.
I'm not holding my breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment