Monday 5 August 2013

Glum in Gum: 2nd June 2013

What you do if you don't want to shop in the GUM mall, Moscow.
This blog has travelled: I've moved it from Wordpress, which I couldn't get to grips with and before that it was on Blipfoto, which wasn't right for what I wanted to do.
Eventually, I'll be blogging in real time but there is also a lot of past to catch up on which is why I put the dates in the titles.

This was taken while I was on tour in Russia - just. My visa arrived the afternoon before I was due to leave. I'd applied weeks ahead of time but the tour company didn't seem in a hurry to supply me with the letter I needed to get the visa. By the time they did, it was a bit late and it coincided with several Russian public holidays, which mean't that the embassy got behind with processing applications, putting mine back a week. I got home from another tour and was straight on the phone to the visa agency, who thankfully were a lot more on the ball than the tour company and my passport and visa arrived at around 4pm.

This photo was taken in the GUM store (an upmarket shopping mall these days) during our city tour. I didn't want to shop so I took this pic of a fellow snapper who was taking a breather. He didn't look too happy about being in front of the lens instead of behind it. Maybe he was just sick of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment